During this time of social distancing, we are not able to see you at our in-person training events. However, we hope to see you online at one of our many scheduled webinar events!
*All webinars are limited to active law enforcement and military personnel only. You must register using an official agency email address.
All webinars are conducted on the Zoom webinar platform. All webinar access links are sent to you directly from the Zoom platform.
Please ensure you can receive emails from email@example.com.
GeoTime Glimpse - Online Introductory Training
Use Glimpse in investigations, when time matters most. By the end of this training, you’ll be able to work through phone records and more, in just a few minutes.
In this quick 1-hour online training, we will cover:
- Loading data into Glimpse and understanding the results
- Navigating the Glimpse interface
- Answering investigative questions, including:
- Where was the phone used the most?
- Who was in contact with this phone the most?
- Was this phone near this address?
- Was the phone near this crime at this time
Stick around for Q&A if you have any specific questions.
What to Expect When You’re Expected in Court
Communications records are utilized in every type of criminal investigation. Being prepared is the first step you need to take before the prosecutor lets you know you’re going to be testifying. You need to presume everything you’re working on may go to court. Effective testimony doesn’t just happen and requires organization and preparation to ensure that you present yourself as a credible and reliable witness.
This webinar is back by popular demand! Darryl Valinchus, who has testified almost 50 times in both Federal and State court as an expert in the interpretation, understanding and mapping of cellular communications information, shares his knowledge, experiences and advice.
During the webinar we will cover the following:
• Laying a basis of your qualifications before the court
• How your prosecutor should introduce you to a jury
• Common questions you may be asked during your testimony and how to answer them
• Defending against common defense counsel attacks
• Challenging cell phone carrier-specific questions put forth by defense attorneys
• How to articulate your findings
Case Study: Baillie/Marsman Missing Person & Homicide Investigation
On July 11, 2016, the Calgary Police Service (CPS) started a missing persons investigation for 34-year-old Sara BAILLIE and her five-year-old daughter Taliyah MARSMAN. Baillie’s family had contacted police to report her and her daughter missing under odd circumstances. During a secondary search of Baillie’s residence, her body was found buried underneath clothing in a bedroom. The file transitioned into an exigent circumstance kidnapped child/murder investigation.
Homicide Analyst Trish Pace and Det. Scott Guterson from the Calgary Police Service join us on this webinar to give insight into this large-scale exigent investigation that started with a missing person report, transitioned to murder and missing child file, then to a double murder, and finally a prolonged pre-trial investigation ending in a conviction.
GeoTime Desktop - Getting Started Online Introductory Training
This 1-hour session will cover the basics of GeoTime Desktop with an experienced live trainer.
You’ll learn how to:
- Load data into GeoTime using carrier format auto-detection
- Understand how GeoTime displays data
- Identify parts of the GeoTime interface, and understand how they are used
- Answer common investigative questions with a sample case
- Create a report with callouts and screenshots
- Q&A with case-specific questions
At the end of this online session, you’ll be ready to solve your own cases in GeoTime.
Our popular Call Record Analysis Level 1 training course is jam-packed with actionable workflows and theory that you can apply immediately to your cases. Level 1 Online training is split into five modules. Once you complete all five modules, you will earn Level 1 Certification.
- Into to Cell Site Analysis
- Loading Data manually and with Auto Detect
- Visual Analysis Fundamentals
- Reporting, Animation and Video Fundamental
- Other Formats
This high-demand training focuses on advanced analytical workflows and producing effective presentations. After successful completion you will be awarded the Level 2 completion certificate.
Level 2 Overview:
- Link and Network Analysis (common callers, relationships, patterns)
- Pattern and Analysis Tools (using GeoTime’s automated tools to find answers)
- Effective Reporting (common questions and hurdles, effectively narrating cell site data, examples of reports for court)
GeoTime User Certification Exam
By successfully passing the GeoTime User Certification Examination, you will earn a credential that demonstrates your expertise with analysis using GeoTime Desktop.
The exam covers concepts for working efficiently and effectively with GeoTime throughout the analytical process. By becoming a Certified User, you will have proven your ability to use GeoTime for mapping, analysis, and reporting.
GeoTime Live - Quick Start Introductory Webinar
GeoTime Live is a crime-fighting tool for your mobile phone lets you see live ping emails instantly on a map. No more copying and pasting coordinates from your inbox. The map refreshes automatically so you can focus on your subjects’ movements on any device.
Join our 30-minute introductory webinar that will give you everything you need to start using GeoTime Live on your own live ping cases.
- Get hands-on access to GeoTime Live
- Have an introduction and overview of the tool
- Participate in a demonstration with real data
By the end of this session, you’ll have everything you need to start using GeoTime Live on your own live ping cases!
New dates coming soon
Classroom Training Schedule
Classroom training is limited to active law enforcement and military personnel only. You must register using an official agency email address.
Level 1 Beginner Cell Site Analysis provides hands-on-training for personnel involved in criminal investigations, criminal prosecution and crime analysis. It teaches how to apply cell site analysis concepts and GeoTime Desktop workflows to investigations. Training will cover cell site analysis workflows, including CDR formatting, mapping of CDRs and reporting.
This training will take place at the New Britain Police Department in New Britain, CT and is offered at no charge thanks, in part, to our hosting partner agency.
Getting Started Video Series
A 5-part video series that walks you through the basics of using GeoTime Desktop.
Working on a specific type of case? These videos walk you through how to tackle these cases:
- Cell Site Analysis Overview
- GPS Analysis Overview
- Loading your own data into GeoTime Desktop
Are you working from home?
If your workplace requires you to work from home, we can help with access to GeoTime at home to get your work done.
GeoTime Desktop: If you plan on working from home, please email firstname.lastname@example.org from your law enforcement address and let them know.
GeoTime Glimpse: Users can access Glimpse from their home computers in the same way they do at their office.
Don’t have GeoTime Desktop or Glimpse? Contact us at email@example.com to get started.
Join our webinar mailing list.
Subscribe and receive webinar updates.