- This event has passed.
Follow the Money: Understanding and Using Cryptocurrency in Law Enforcement
April 21 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
Cryptocurrency is the ultimate criminal’s playground. Understanding how crypto and the blockchain works is key for better identifying criminal behaviour and keeping pace with the constantly changing cyber landscape.
On April 21st, Blockchain Intelligence Group (BIG) and GeoTime are joining forces for an introductory webinar to the world of cryptocurrency for law enforcement.
We are joined by Robert Whitaker, BIG’s Chief Operating Officer and Certified: AML Specialist, Bitcoin Professional, and Cryptocurrency Investigator, who will cover:
• The basics of cryptocurrency
• How dark web marketplaces and cryptocurrencies work together
• Understanding blockchain technology and how to spot illicit activity
• How crypto can be used in illicit activities
• Real-world investigation tactics and tools to analyze crypto crimes
PLUS, you’ll get a special look at:
• BIG’s tools for investigators to quickly and visually “follow the virtual money” behind crypto transactions
• Layering crypto transactional data with call detail records in GeoTime Enterprise
* This webinar is limited to law enforcement only. Please register with your agency email.
** This webinar is eligible for a Certificate of Attendance. To receive a certificate, registrants must attend live. Certificates will be sent shortly after the webinar concludes.