- This event has passed.
10 Filters of Profiling & Criminal Investigative Analysis
May 12 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
Victimology is often one of the most beneficial investigative tools in crime analysis. By examining the victim(s), you can begin to unravel and eliminate an often perplexing web of misguided leads.
We are joined by Gregory M. Cooper and Dean L. Jackson from the Cold Case Foundation, who will introduce the 10 Filters of Criminal Profiling™ which will allow you to develop investigative leads and potential suspects in order to explore all aspects of a crime.
For any responders from the first responding officers to crime analysts, investigators, detectives, cold case units, prosecutors, and more — learn about the 10 Filters of Criminal Profiling™ and techniques that can be applied from crime scene investigation through to courtroom testimony.
Our presenters will cover:
2. Initial Suspect/Victim Contact Site
3. Crime Scene Analysis
4. Body Disposal and/or Recovery site
5. Physical Assault (body disposition, cause of death and/or Trauma)
6. Sexual Assault (determine rape typology)
7. MO vs Signature
8. Criminal Behavior – Organized vs Disorganized
9. Offender Risk Level
10. Suspect Information
* This webinar is eligible for a Certificate of Attendance.
**This webinar is for active law enforcement and military personnel only. You must register using official agency email addresses.